Orphan Care Network will host Orphan Care Solutions, a workshop to be held at WoodsEdge Community Church on Saturday, November 9. The workshop will address will topics such as private adoptions, foster care adoptions, foster parenting licensing information, respite care provider information, and volunteer opportunities.
Registration and check-in for the workshop begins at 8:00 am Saturday; the opening session kicks off at 8:45, the workshop will wrap up around 3:00 pm.
Breakout sessions during the workshop include:
- Private Adoption Options
- Foster Care Adoptions
- What does it take to become a foster parent?
- What is a Respite Provider and what is required?
- What is required to become a Child Advocate (MC CASA)
- How can I become a Mentor? (Open Table)
- Basic community volunteer/ministry needs (various MC CAB member initiatives)
The Orphan Care Network began as a group of families from Woodlands Point Community Church sought how to care for the orphan and support one another in our own attempts at becoming foster and adoptive parents. For more information on the Orphan Care Network, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or give them a call at 832.413.2240.