I’ve watched on Facebook as my friends have done 30 Days of Thankfulness and while I haven’t participated I have definitely been thinking about what I’m thankful for. Here’s my top ten list of things I’m thankful for this holiday season:
1. I no longer spend all my time and money in the baby aisle at Target.
2. I can’t remember the last time we took a family road trip where I actually contemplated walking the last 100 miles home because it would have been more pleasant than being in the car.
3. Everyone in my house is potty trained.
4. I won a bet with my husband about football and I plan on holding it over his head as long as we both shall live. (It’s the little things.)
5. I really truly like all of my family members, not just the ones that live in my house but the ones I grew up with and the ones Zeb grew up with as well. As I get older, I’ve realized that not everyone has this experience.
6. My church family is the real deal. They continually show up and love people like Jesus would. They laugh with me, cry with me, pray for me, and when the occasion arises— drink with me just a little.
7. Everything I have. I don’t mean to sound trite but I remember living in a one bedroom apartment, hauling laundry to the laundrymat every Saturday & wondering if I was going to have enough quarters to wash all of our clothes, like it was yesterday. Sometimes when I walk through my house I cry, because I can’t believe how far we’ve come.
8. That my in-laws (The Farm People) added on to their house and there is now so much room for my kids to run and play with their cousins that they don’t climb all over me and I almost don’t even need to pack my anxiety pills. (Almost.)
9. That my husband is a morning person. I love so much about Zebulicious but this is one of my favorites, he lets me sleep late all the time and I almost love sleep as much as I love my family members.
10. You. Yep, that’s right. I am so thankful for you. Thank you for reading and laughing with me. Thanks for emailing me and stopping me in the grocery store to tell me that you enjoy what I do. I hope all of your food dreams come true this week.